Thursday, May 24, 2012

Reality Is....

I am trying to do so much. I know everyone is, honestly, I do.

But right now, I am trying to figure out how to get my things to sell on ebay for a profit. A profit that we desperately need. I am trying to use what I have, where I am. I am sure you have heard of that saying before. It takes time. It takes research.

I am also trying to blog. Which I am having a hard time doing. Not to mention, I need to make this thing look good.....and I have NO idea how. I just figured out how to shrink my picture for twitter, but of course I have to figure out how to link my pinterest, twitter, facebook and all that great stuff here. I know it sounds silly, but my brain isn't wired that way. I am sure I will figure it out (or employ a teen *wink*), but in the meantime I am parenting seven children (3 teens, 2 tweens, and 2 preschoolers....and I am not self medicating) alone 24/7, Monday late morning thru Saturday late morning. It is fine most of the time. God is strengthening me to be able to take this on. And most days, I am not breaking. But, I do have my moments......you know, with the 516th tantrum, fit, disobedience, fight, argument of the day. Or when I have to repeat myself 329 times. 



Not to mention, at all times, I am having to make sure showers (one bathroom) and laundry are going, and everyone is doing their homework, silent reading, chores, clothes ready for the next day - including socks and underwear (should I really have to specify that??), brush teeth, floss, wash hands & face, help dealing with the many squabbles that happen when everyone is in tight quarters, shoulder to shoulder. And of course, remembering to smile at them, laugh with them. encourage them, listen to their 637 stories, jokes and questions and to just be there. Let's not forget grow a baby, take care of me, make the meals and take care of the house. I have calls I need to make. Appointment's to be made. A vehicle to be fixed...and to purchase a new one.....because now we need a 12 passenger van....or as we call it a church van. Ha! A huge laundry pile to wash and another to be folded. Decluttering that must be done, because I am nesting....we have too much crap.

And I am trying to hear God.

And I am trying to change our living situation. 

All while remaining grateful, thankful, joyful, and content.

**Side note, I have a knew found respect for military spouses, single parents, widows and widowers. I always have, but now I really do.


2 comments:

  1. Xo! I will help you where I can. Want to try to computer work some day next week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to!! You have already been a huge help, btw?!?! xoxo

    ReplyDelete