Monday, May 14, 2012

mess my message

You wanna know how I feel about that? 
Honestly? 
Plug your ears if you don't want to here a semi-cuss word.
IT PISSES ME OFF!!!
Well, it did when I first read it on facebook. I thought "I don't want this to be my message!" I would've never chosen this message. 
Never. 
Here I am. 
Talking about something I never wanted to experience, especially never wanted my children to experience. 

Only God... 
"What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger."
"Everything happens for a reason."

We have all heard those before. And I believe them to be true. So, I must come to an agreement with the fact that, this has to be part of my message. Part of the reason I am here. I have ideas about how that will or can transpire, different things that I can do to make a difference in someone else's life. But really I am unsure at this point. 

If you know me, you know I have always had a heart for the unfortunate.
Always. 
I use to beg my parents to adopt. I have always had a heart for orphans. I'd adopt all if I could, and really want to adopt one day (but obviously one cannot even fathom that at this time in my life.) If we are close in real life, we've talked about what I want to do to help others to adopt. I have always had a heart for the kids in the foster care system. I'd take anyone in from the street. 
I have always given food to the homeless I see on the street, if I could. I have even given some money. I know most people think that is not an ok thing to do, but if I feel like it, then I do! 
I tell you these things, not to brag (not much to brag about, really....not different than a lot of people) but to let you into my heart. So, that you can know more about the real me. I think this sheds light on my 'new message.' I have always wanted to do more, but never have. The kids and I have talked about going downtown and handing out blankets and food. We have talked about volunteering at a soup kitchen. We have wanted to fundraise for people who needed help with financing adoptions. We never have.

I know we were meant to do more. But we have always let life get in the way. Now it seems we have no choice. And so it is, this will be part of our message. As mad as made me.....at first.

No comments:

Post a Comment