Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Student is Ready

.....the teacher will come.
I have always been very opinionated and thought I knew a lot. I probably did. But I have come to the point in my life, where I realize I have so much more to learn. So much more I need to learn. I am ready. 




 I decided to start this blog, almost in desperation. Ok, totally desperate. But, also incredibly embarrassed. See, not everyone I know, knows. I don't stand on rooftops and declare....."We are homeless." So, here it is. I am inviting you to join our family. Join in the triumphs, join in the failures, and everything else in between. I am sure I will shed some tears. I know I will laugh. I will probably share things I may regret, or say things that are inappropriate. I do promise to always be me. Imperfections and all. 

I'd also like to put a face to homelessness. We are not the typical (anything) homeless family. We have a roof over our head. We don't sleep in our vehicle. We shower daily. We eat daily. But, we do not have a home of our own. Truth is, with jobloss, foreclosures, and this terrible economy (I hate saying that) this can happen to (almost) anyone. I never thought this would happen to us. Never. But sometimes life happens. We are in the middle of it. We are digging ourselves out, but it takes time. 

I will not get into politics, place blame, and I ask you not to, but the truth of the matter is we are not alone. There are many people living in the US in very similar situations. We have to end this. We have to put a stop to it. Children need to be able to lay their heads in their own beds at night. And the judging needs to stop, unless you've walked a day in these very heavy shoes.

This is my humble attempt to change things. To help my family. To put a new face to homeless. To heal. To spread the word. Will you help me? Will you join me? If so, I ask you to share this blog and share it again and share it again. I ask you to subscribe to this blog. Follow me on twitter, facebook, pinterest (because a girl's gotta dream!!) It may take me some time to get all those things up and running, OK, it WILL take some time to get those things up, because I am techy challenged. But I won't stop blogging and I won't stop sharing. 



4 comments: