Thursday, June 14, 2012

dreaming again!!

I am just a girl dreaming, again!! I really, truly have meant to blog in between my last dream post, and I have some....but they weren't blog worthy. My apologies! I did not want another day to go by without a post and of course I could always post a dream!

We've had this tradition in our family, we actually have quite a few and one is family night. We try to have a weekly family movie night. Sometimes obligations or plans may take a few of us away, but we try our hardest to come together and watch a movie every week. It has gotten hard during the years, because the ages of our children, to get a movie that was ok for everyone. Sometimes a movie that the older kids want isn't appropriate for the youngers.

We pop popcorn and sometimes we each have our own box of  'theater' candy. We all get comfy, get blankets and pillows and relax.

We still try to do that. But we do not have enough room for our entire family in the living room and on the couches. Most of the time someone {a few someones} is sitting on blankets, on the floor...or a pillow. At times, I don't stick around because the living room is so cramped, its uncomfortable!!

Some weekends we just cannot fit it in. The husband is only here for a short time during the weekend and we have so much we have to cram in. Like him taking the dog to the park to run off steam. Or him playing a game of HORSE with the boys. Or taking the kids to walk around the big ponds. Trying to squeeze in time with the kids, and goodness knows one on one time is just not available. He usually has 2-3 at a time.



Also, we have to go to town to do weekly shopping....and our only working vehicle is an old beat down pick up truck {that I used to refuse to drive in}, which means we can't take kids with us. It is a half hour each way. So, the kids are here killing each other and we are gone for hours.....we have to go shopping for groceries, toiletries, hair product and scouting for inventory for ebay. I hate it. I hate that all the kids are here.....for that long with out us, every weekend. That they are all cooped up in a tiny 2 bedroom apart w/o a referee here. And I hate that it takes up precious time that the husband could be spending with the kids.

Anyways, back to the dream....

I long for a family room and in it is a huge comfy sectional couch or at least furniture that fits everyone. That way, we don't have anyone banned to the hard floor, unless they choose to and we can get back to our weekly tradition of family movie night. I long for the kids to invite friends over {again!}

Stove popped, buttery popcorn and some hot tamales sound good right about now!

What are you dreaming about today? Are you still dreaming?


If this is your first time here, I invite you to visit herehere and here, Grab a cup of your favorite drink and stay a while.




No comments:

Post a Comment