Friday, June 15, 2012

what do you pack??

Most know I am expecting baby number 8. But would you think that even after giving birth to 7 children, I still look up what to pack in your hospital bag! I'd hate to forget something!

And since I will be 32 weeks in two days, I should probably get that ready!! Soon. 

Which means I need to get a going home outfit for the baby including a knit cap, receiving blankets and burp clothes. And since I live in the beautiful state of Washington, and you never know what the weather will be like, even in August, I will have to prepare for warm weather and cooler weather! 

Oh, and nursing pads.

And boob cream.

And while I am talking about boobs, I should buy a couple nursing bras.

I'll also want to pack a nice fluffy towel, instead of using the tiny, rough ones supplied by the hospitals that will only cover one leg...on a skinny person.

My own pillow. I hate having to sleep with my own pillow. I know I am not alone on that one!



I should probably start getting newborn diapers. I will be using cloth, but most people say to use newborn disposable when they are brand new. I've only used cloth with my last 4 as bigger babies. Even with 7 kids, I am a newbie infant cloth diaper mama. Advice welcome.

I will need to look into my quickly fading stock pile and see if I have any travel size bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc left. Living in the middle of nowhere, without transportation has made it nearly impossible to coupon. You must know, since I learned to coupon, it kills me to pay full price for that stuff!!

I've never packed snacks before, but I will be this time. For sure! Those vending machines are ridiculously expensive!! Oh, and extra change for those vending machines. *wink*

Must have....extra hair tie holders, well, unless I chop my hair off before then.....which I have almost done...then I slapped myself and came to my senses!

I will pack a few magazines, and activity books for the bigger kids. 

Clothes for the husband. 

Clothes for me.....which will include a robe, slippers, socks, a going home outfit, maternity panties {can you even call them panties if they're maternity??} and flip flops.

This is me starting my checklist for my upcoming hospital stay!

What do you bring to the hospital for the birth of a baby? What am I missing?





No comments:

Post a Comment