Friday, June 22, 2012

just a girl with some dreams..

So, its Friday again. I will be out of town for the weekend. We get to go my parents for the weekend. We are just a teeny bit thrilled. I wanted to give you a dream before I left!!

I have said that I could post a dream everyday. And its true, I could. We take things for granted....until they are gone.

I realize not everyone will be able to relate to this dream, but I think most people will.

My entire life, I have always had a yard. Always.


My older 3 kids are the only ones who have lived in an apartment before now. And they were tiny. And we had a huge yard right outside our back door, with a huge big toy. Oh, it was nice to have the pool that went along with an apartment. But a yard for me is vital. I have to be able to walk outside barefoot. I have to be able to relax in the evening by watering plants and then lawn. I love a yard. Always have. 

I love to take the kids outside and have a picnic. Or pull weeds. Or run around barefoot. And what is better than a homemade slip and slide?? I love to have water fights or *be* the sprinkler while holding the hose and letting everyone run under the water! I love to bbq! I love to throw down a blanket and lay down on the grass. I love that during the summer your living quarters expand. I love a yard. My kids love a yard.

I also love to send the kids outside to play. They love to go outside and play. They build forts, or swing, or play games. You know.....be a kid!! I love to sit on the porch, drink my chai, and read a magazine while they play.

It is summer now. We have lived in an apartment for almost 10 months. My kids go outside and play on a concrete parking lot. They ride bikes, bounce balls, do sidewalk chalk, bubbles, run, and all those fun kid things.



But my dream for them and for me, would be to have a yard again. To have grass again. What is your dream? Are you still dreaming??

No comments:

Post a Comment