Tuesday, June 5, 2012

the post i need to write

This was written yesterday, which was Monday. Today is Tuesday.

I wrote a post earlier. It was about how I hate this. And I do. I really, really do. I hate Mondays now, because my husband leaves for the week. I hate that he leaves for the week. But then earlier today, I read a facebook status about how a friend was mad that her daughter hadn't gotten into 'the school.' She called to talk to the school she is going to, and they had experienced a loss of a child at the school. It made her realize she was happy to have her baby, and not grieving the loss of the child. Don't you hate how things are put into perspective for us.

UGH.

I had another friend last week write a blog post and I really needed to read it.

So, here are my little things....and some of them may be big things, so here are my things....

Doesn't matter that I can never get a decent picture of these seven.....I get to wake up to them everyday! Every day we get to spend together is more than some. Of course some of those days are spent bickering, but most of them are spent playing, kissing boo-boos, teaching younger siblings how to dribble a basketball, or the latest dance moves, making plans for future businesses or ideas, getting crafty, or passing levels on video games. I may not have exactly what I want, but I have enough. They are amazing. And for that I am grateful.





There is tough stuff going on in our family. But, my kids get to do things and build memories with their extended family. And garden with their Papa. Or go on a motorcycle ride with their great uncle. Or go with their uncle for the day to basketball tournaments. They still get to go shopping with their Momo's, both of them. They can hang out with their Aunties. Go camping with their cousins. They have a close extended family. That is more than many kids have. It may not be everything we want, but it is enough, and we are thankful!





There are many little and big things I am loving lately. I am loving that my big kids can still come and sit next to me and cuddle. I love that my kids have siblings. They may annoy them now, but they are built in friends!! I love that the spring has brought a freshness to life. I love to go outside and take the twins on a walk. I love that we can walk to anywhere in this tiny town. It may not be exactly what I want, but I am thankful.



Here are my little and big things....
What are yours? What things are you enjoying?


No comments:

Post a Comment